Let’s Brunch >> Tart Style! >> Yum!
Join us as we celebrate the bright and sunny days of Summer ahead with swimwear specials, complimentary champagne and sweets. Enjoy 15% off all SolKissed Swimwear, and 10% off all other swimwear including L*Space, Majai, Mara Hoffman, and Mink Pink. Plus, it’s National Lei Day so everyone will receive a flower lei.
Blueberry Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes by Running With Spoons
Author: Amanda @ Running with Spoons Yields: 1 serving, about 6/7 pancakes
1/4 cup (60 g) plain Greek yogurt
1/2 medium, ripe banana (50 g or 1/4 cup [60 ml] mashed)
1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats*
2 large egg whites OR 1 large egg
1/2 Tbsp (1530 ml) unsweetened almond milk*
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup (35 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s very hot before you start cooking your pancakes. 2. Add all the ingredients except for blueberries to a blender in the order listed and blend on high until the oats are fully broken down and the batter is smooth and frothy, about 12 minutes. Fold in the blueberries by hand and allow batter to sit for a few minutes so that it thickens up. 3. Pour batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
High Protein Vanilla Chia Pudding by Alyssa Rimmer
1. Add all ingredients to a jar and stir together. Tighten lid and place chia pudding in the fridge to set, about 2 hours (or more).
2. Remove and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Make sure to head over to Simply Quinoa to check out all of her amazing Quinoa recipes! or follow her on IG @simplequinoa
Recipe by Simply Quinoa at http://www.simplyquinoa.com/highproteinvanillachiapudding/
We’re having a party and you’re invited! Come celebrate our Lucky #7 Birthday Bash with us!!!! We’re slashing prices up to 80% off and showing off new arrivals (and we mean tons of new arrivals). Enjoy giveaways, a photo booth, signature cocktails, and a cotton candy machine! We’re also excited to welcome a special guest popup shop with Kim Khan from Love & Bisous Saturday April 16th.
Enter to Win a $50 Gift Card
Easily enter for your chance to win a $50 gift card to use during our Birthday Bash. Here’s how to enter:
Coconut Mango Green Smoothie by Georgie From In It 4 The Long Run
This green smoothie is the perfect balance of creamy coconut and tropical mango. Top with toasted coconut chips and you have a breakfast (or snack) bursting with flavor and great texture
I may be a fashionista but a girl has to eat…..which is why I treated myself recently to a trip to Tuscany. Ok, you called my bluff , I didn’t cash in my frequent flyer miles for a one-way ticket to Italy but I did strap on my finest pair of designer Italian heels and saunter down Las Olas Boulevard to the Tuscan Grill. This charming and authentic Italian eatery offers a unique waterfront al fresco dining experience for all to enjoy!
I would quickly add this gem to your lust list for a future girl’s night out or a romantic date night with your Mr. Big as the restaurant’s cozy ambiance lends itself to long, intimate conversations over even longer tendrils of delicious, homemade pasta.
For starters, try the grilled artichokes, which were perfectly cooked and full of garden flavor. I complemented this dish with an elegant glass of Pinot Noir from their diverse selection of wines. Note: their signature cocktails were also recipients of Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award of Excellence.
Next, I enjoyed a deliciously healthy yet hearty grilled salmon accompanied by a crisp and bountiful salad, which paired perfectly with the wine. From the prime aged steaks and veal chops to fresh local seafood, it was really hard to choose exactly what to order and the menu and the waiter’s recitation of daily specials, created by the exceptionally talented Chef Josh Welch, read like a food porn diary. So my suggestion is to bring lots of friends and divide and conquer for an impromptu tasting journey through Tuscany.
What does one wear for such a journey you may ask. I draped myself in a floral maxi dress by Yumi Kim of course to compliment the al fresco dining experience. As I mentioned in previous posts about our spring trends shoot for FOX’s Deco Drive show, floral is one of this season’s must have trends. I accessorized with another current obsession – a Vanessa Mooney choker. It adds a slight edge to my feminine florals. Stack delicate bracelets up one arm and run a curling iron through your hair for effortless, beachy waves and you’re ready for a delightful evening out on the town.
Grapefruit and Sage Mimosa by Bakeaholic Mama
Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (Fresh squeezed if you can)
A sweet sparkling wine ( I used Rose, something like Asti Spumante would also be great!)
A few fresh sage leaves
A wedge of grapefruit for garnish
Place a couple sage leaves (torn in half) at the bottom of each serving glass, fill with ice.
Add about 2 ounces of grapefruit juice, and top off with sparkling wine.
Serve with additional sage leaves and grapefruit wedge
Make sure to head over to www.bakeaholicmama.com for more recipes!
Nutella Stuffed Pancakes by Nagi from RecipeTin Eats!
This is not just two pancakes sandwiched with Nutella. This is a pancake STUFFED with Nutella. Find out how!! (It’s super easy!)
1. Don’t make the Nutella discs too thin otherwise they may break when you handle them. But on the other hand, don’t be too greedy and make them too big otherwise they will ooze out everywhere when you’re making the pancake!
2. Wiping most of the butter off is the secret to getting the first pancake an even golden brown rather than splotchy which is what usually happens!
3. The Nutella discs soften quickly. They need to stay firm in order to handle them. I work in 2 batches – take 3 Nutella discs out of the freezer, cook 3 pancakes, then repeat. I found that by the time I got to the 4th pancake, the Nutella discs were starting to soften.
4. I use a ¼ cup measure and fill it about ⅔ of the way up then dollop that on top of the Nutella. You don’t need a full ¼ cup of batter to cover the Nutella, the pancake becomes too big and thick. Use the edge of the cup to spread the batter to cover the Nutella. You have to work quickly because once the Nutella disc is on the batter, it melts quickly and it is almost impossible to spread batter on top of melted Nutella.
5. If you get a pancake that “bursts” and Nutella spills onto the fry pan, scrape the Nutella off before making the next one. Otherwise you’ll get burnt bits of Nutella on your next pancake!
Healthy No Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars by TheBigMansWorld
These healthy no bake carrot cake protein bars taste exactly like a soft and fluffy carrot cake but in a healthy snack bar form! Packed full of protein, fiber and with no added sugar, it’s the perfect snack recipe to have on hand! Naturally gluten-free and vegan, there’s a tested paleo option for my paleo friends!
Made by AC