Let’s be real, music festivals have always been about the music, but in recent years, the fashion has become just as much (if not more) of a talking point. Festival season can be seriously tricky to dress for. You want to look cool and stylish, but you do have to consider battling the elements as you never know if it will be sun or showers.
Tick tock! Tortuga is this weekend and Coachella is right around the corner. Did you think I would leave you ladies hanging? This week we hung out with Deco Drive and dished on what’s hot in festival fashion.
From the Fort Lauderdale sand to the Cali dessert, Lilac And Lilies has all of the essentials you need to create a festival-ready look. Here’s the skinny:
- You can’t go wrong with a bohemian vibe or a rock and roll look at a festival. Well, actually, you can. My rule of thumb: pick one trendy piece and mix it with basics from your closet and you’ll look like you’re just that cool. I love this Suburban Riot tee paired with our pleated gingham skirt from Lost and Wonder.
- Festival season is no time for blending in. Calling all free-spirited babes, you’re going to love this floral, bohemian-inspired get up from Elan USA.
- Forgo your basic crop in favor of a trendy bikini top. We love this lace up accent by Blue Life paired with the perfect denim shorts by One Teaspoon. Accent the look with an edgy accessory or two and you’re good to go.
- This Velvet Heart denim shirt is easy to wear and looks good with everything! Complete the look with a playful pomp om skirt by Mink Pink.
- Dance ‘til dawn in festival fave Blank NYC overalls, which offer the perfect contrast when paired with our Blue Life bikini top.
Stop in before Tortuga, and make sure you check out the full Festival Looks segment on Deco Drive.