Although it may not seem like right now, summer is right around the corner. With the arrival of the sweltering heat will come the days of sleeveless tops, short shorts and well, you guessed it: bikinis. That’s right, the highly dreaded bikini season is upon us, which you’re probably well aware of thanks to that itty-bitty bikini set taunting you from your chest of drawers.
While there’s nothing inherently wrong with wanting to look good this summer, you shouldn’t miss out on the fun pool parties and boat days just because you don’t want to show some skin. Us women are too quick to shame our own bodies, when all our hips and curves really need is just some little TLC.
This year, I want to share my tips and tricks with you all on how I take spring cleaning to a whole new level. Not the normal extravagant cleaning of my closet, but the spring cleaning of myself. My mind. My body. My soul.
It’s important to realize that detoxing is not about changing your body. Rather, it’s about changing your lifestyle to feel more confident in your own skin, no matter what you are (or aren’t) wearing. Regardless of your age and lifestyle, detoxing is beneficial for EVERYONE. It’s not a one-time fix, but more of a kick-start to taking care of yourself for the long haul.
I know changing habits can be challenging, but the results are always well worth it. Look at it this way- if we aren’t challenging ourselves, are we truly reaching our greatest potential? Probably not. So, let’s start looking at spring as our time to push ourselves to be the best version of ourselves possible.
These are my fail-proof tips to not only looking good, but FEELING even better:
1. WATER. WATER. WATER. Remember when your mom used to tell you to drink 8 cups of water a day? Well, she wasn’t kidding. Not only are the health benefits of drinking water endless, but it’ll make your skin look radiant. If you’re someone who doesn’t like drinking plain water (trust me, I get it), I recommend infusing it with tasty natural ingredients like lemon, kiwi and mint.
2. Get on your feet! I absolutely LOVE the feeling after an amazing workout class. Orange Theory and Flywheel have been my saviors. These classes break up the usual routine of going to the gym and using the machines by yourself.
3. What you put in, is what you will get out. If you’re putting foods in your body that are filled with carbs and unnecessary sugars and/or fats, you’re not going to feel so good. For me, eating lean proteins gives me the satisfaction of feeling full along with the incredible benefits of eating clean.
4. Get hot and steamy… with The Yoga Joint. What else would I be talking about?! Doing yoga in a heated room forces the heart to beat faster, which gives you an amazing cardio workout in addition to sweating out all of the toxins in your body!
5. Last, and most importantly, rid yourself of toxic people! Surround yourself with people who want you to succeed. That crew is the one you’ll want by your side all spring (and summer) long.
By following the tips above, you’ll successfully shift your focus this spring and turn your dial towards YOU. If that means reading more, meditating, or even a walk on the beach, do it. Whatever makes your soul flourish, commit to it.
Here’s to all the rose we’ll be drinking poolside looking caliente and feeling the most confident we ever have in our bikinis!